New Student & Family Programs
As your student becomes a CU Buff, you, too are becoming a vital member of the CU Boulder community. We know family members are an important part of their student’s experience. As your on-campus partner, New Student & Family Programs serves as your connection to campus—fostering this partnership through a variety of communication, programs and events. We are here to support you and your student!
The New Student & Family Programs website also hosts a robust resource section to help families find the information they need about campus life and resources available to support their student.
The staff in the New Student & Family Programs office is available to answer questions and concerns and help families navigate the university system. Call or text 303-492-1380 or email email@example.com.
Family Activities and Programs
New Student & Family Programs provides a variety of activities and programs that help bring families, students and the university together.
- Family Weekend—This annual fall event provides a great opportunity for families to visit their student and participate in a variety of activities on campus and in the Boulder community.
- Buff Parent Roundups—Join other families in cheering on the CU Buffaloes at a Buff Parent Roundup. New Student & Family Programs hosts several of these fun get-togethers at home and on the road!
- Summer Send-offs—New Student & Family Programs partners with Buff families from across the country to host Summer Send-Offs for incoming students and their families to help ease the transition from hometown to campus.
- Scholarships—With the assistance of the CU Parent Fund and CU Parents Association, New Student & Family Programs awards merit-based scholarships to continuing CU Boulder students.
- Awards —Every year select CU Boulder faculty, advisors and staff who have had a significant impact on the lives of CU Boulder undergraduates are honored with the Marinus Smith Award. Select students are also recognized for their acts of character, courage or compassion with the CU Proud Award.